At Broadstone Christian Nursery our aims and objectives are to provide a safe, stimulating environment where each child can realise his or her potential at this crucial stage in their development.
- To provide a safe, stimulating environment where each child can realise his or her potential at this crucial stage in their development and help them to grow and develop in confidence as a whole person.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers to help children reach their maximum potential and to meet regularly with parents/carers to discuss their child’s progress.
- To develop each child’s physical, intellectual, emotional and social abilities and help children to develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question.
- To encourage children to be self confident, enthusiastic and eager as well as enjoy learning through ‘fun’ (learning through play) and gain satisfaction from their own achievements.
- To provide each child with the opportunity to participate in a range of educational activities leading to the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To provide each child with a positive image of both sexes, other cultures and ethnic minorities and help them to understand more about the world they live in.
- To undertake regular assessments of each child’s progress and share the information with parents/carers.
- To liaise with other agencies and carers to ensure the welfare of the child.
- To support staff and students on relevant training courses so that they can develop skills and confidence.
- To support the wellbeing of staff and students who work at the nursery.
- To provide places for children with additional needs, if appropriate, with staff who are trained to give the child and parent/carer support.
- To provide an atmosphere that makes the child and the parents/carer happy and comfortable within the nursery.
- To create a developmental appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of each individual child based on their interests.
Updated September 2021